First week with three kids on a holidays
Перевод на русский можно найти ниже 🙂
So, the first week of our summer vacation is almost over. And I must say, we are doing great! I must admit, it was a bit tough when my interests didn’t cross with a five year old Veronica’s and she started to neglect every word she heard. But we were learning to express these feelings in a more proper way (explaining me the problem for a start and providing me some other ways of it’s solving). And since I have a strategy, I’ve already trained myself to stay perfectly calm when this happens (but, to tell the truth, it took me some days to achieve this). After all, a calm and confident parent is what a child needs to pass over crisises quicker and successfully.
My big girl Anastasia is spending whole days at home with me and Marge now. The middle sister still goes to a kindergarten and stays there for a half of a day. As a result our mornings are very quiet. Anastasia gets almost whole my attention and loves it so much. She responds to it with a lot of help for me during our morning routines, such as cleaning, cooking and shopping.
I’m planning to keep following this schedule one more week and then turn into “advanced level” and start Veronica’s kindergarten holidays as well.
What we were doing by day this week?
We were busy with some fun stuff and some serious stuff, like:
– visiting kids playgrounds and other activities zones;
– eating a lot off ice cream;
– buying strawberries in a local row market;
– washing hands in rain puddles;
– making yoghurt-kiwi-banana smoothies and ice-cream-milk shakes with strawberries;
– gathering flower bouquets;
– perform different activities aimed to learn the alphabet.
– helping me to broom and wash the floor at home;
– washing dishes by themselves after every meal;
– cutting ingredients for salads and cocktails by themselves;
– writing their own “summer book”;
– learning how to use a computer: some basics about files, applications and the Internet. Learning to complete some simple tasks such as searching for an image in the Internet via Google, comparing application interfaces;
– making photo collages in iPad in order to print its later and stick into “summer book”.
– sleeping just a little bit;
– watching, what big sisters were doing while laying on the kitchen floor, on the Veronica’s bed, on the couch in our living room, on a big bed where all kids gather every evening to listen to the night stories;
– eating a lot off mum’s;
– playing with here own hands by gripping one hand’s fist with another one;
– smiling a lot to all of the family members;
– taking selfies with a cat.
As you see, we truly had a great time!