School holidays have started today (hooray for the company at home!). And today we had to go downtown to fetch our Christmas cards. Yeah, I know, it’s a bit too late for Christmas cards, but it’s me and my time-feel and my organisation skills. And it’s better late than never, isn’t it?
Tag Archives: kids
Ребёнок и котёнок
Marge and Phoebe. These pictures make me laugh every time I see them. I just need to share them!
As I wrote in the previous post, our littlest one has caught a cold and can’t actually get out of it for three weeks by now. This picture was taken by Anastasia when I was trying to get some chamomile tea in Marge. And it’s not an easy task, as she likes to bite a spoon, but doesn’t like to swallow things that doesn’t come from my breasts. So mostly what goes in her mouth, immediately goes out as well.
I wrote down a list and put it on our kids room’s door as a reminder for me with all of our treatment methods for kids during a day. Here it is:
– put on socks and slippers;
– warm up feet and hands in a hot bathtub;
– add a few drops of an Eucalyptus oil in a hot bathtub to breath it in while warming your feet and hands;
– clean noses with Humer;
– rinse a throat with a mixture of water, salt and baking soda (older kids only);
– spray a Calendula tincture in a throat (older kids only);
– spray an Euphobrium nasal spray (older kids only);
– drink a chamomile tea;
– rub a Hustagil Balsam balm on the skin of chest and back;
– eat some garlic;
– eat some vitamin C;
– eat some cranberries and honey.
– одевать тёплые носки и тапки;
– греть ноги и руки в горячей воде;
– капать в воду пару капель эвкалиптового масла, чтобы дышать испарениями, пока греешь ноги и руки;
– чистить носы с помощью водички Humer;
– полоскать горло раствором соды и соли (только старшим детям);
– прыскать в горло спрэй Laringospray из настойки календулы (только старшим детям);
– пшикать в нос Euphobrium (только старшим детям);
– пить ромашковый чай;
– натирать грудь и спину бальзамом Hustagil Balsam;
– регулярно проветривать комнаты;
– добавлять в суп свежий чеснок;
– есть витамин C;
– пить натуральный профилактический сироп для здоровья дыхательных путей Bronhonie из настойки клюквы и мёда.
Any other ideas of how to treat a cold?
Восемь месяцев счастья
Every time I’m sure Marge won’t surprise with new skills after one more month, she does it.
Marge is trying to sit by herself.
She claps her hands.
She actually tried food and loved yogurt, bullion, water, cheese, cucumber, apples and bread. And she hates everything sweet, like bananas, pumpkin and her cough syrup (apples she liked were more sour than sweet). She also has tried buckwheat, fish, chicken and other food, but hadn’t much interest about that.
Марго исполнилось 7 месяцев!
Marge turned 7 months old last week. Just some quick facts about her.
We call her a bun at home.
Fall is already on it`s halfway here in Latvia. Thanks to a few sunny days kids had a time of their lives playing with leaves.
Настенька и кружка горячего чая
The next day after this we had an opportunity to visit the playground again. I kept in mind that the last time we were there I had a strong desire to have some hot tea, so I took with me a thermos.
Нашей малыше пол годика!
Guess who’s here six-months old? Hooray for our little baby-girl Marge!
“Живём” на улице.
July rewarded us for our patience with a lot of sun and we finally got some really hot weather here after a rainy June.
It was the first time we were driving so far with Marge. However, our older kids are already pretty much experienced road trippers. We had a major one week long journey to Poland last summer. That’s why these four hours in the car, that awaited us, seemed to be a piece of cake for us. I had all of mine checklists left from the last time, which made our preparations indeed much easier and less time-consuming. But our thinking of ourselves as of nearly travel-experts made us let our guard down and forget some essential things.